Monday, June 29, 2015

Happy Birthday Taya!

We are back from a fantastic week in Pittsburgh, Pa.  We visited my parents and celebrated so many special occasions including my parents 50th Anniversary.  I'll get to all of that in the next week or so, but first today is Taya's actual 6th birthday!
I still remember her birth like it was yesterday.  I was working and started feeling some weird things.  I called Bart as he was in Philly on what was supposed to be his last business trip before Taya's birth.  Well, long story short a few hours later I delivered Taya (almost by myself at home).  The last 6 years have been a whirlwind, and I can't believe my baby is 6 today!   It's been a month long celebration for Taya.  Before we left for Pittsburgh, she opened some gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Brodersen.
 An adorable 4th of July outfit.
 Teagan got one too!
 Gumby!
 Both girls loved twisting the figurines.
Nana Gail gave Taya several special gifts like a new bathing suit, a bad-mitten game, and something Taya has been wanting for a long time!

When we got to my parents, there were more gifts. My Aunt Sylvia and Aunt Sandy were there and she got cool clothes.
 Also, some money!
 Aunt Sandy also got her this special jewelry box that they decorated together.
Of course, Grammy threw a special party for Taya....a tea party!
 Check out the teapot cake.
 My birthday girl...
 and her diva sister!!!
 Ready to blow out the candles.
 She made a birthday wish.
 Since it was her cake, Grammy let her lick it.
 Taya's tea party!
More gifts...
 She loves to play school, so lots of educational activities to keep her busy over the summer.
 Lacrosse sticks!
 Before she even opened this gift, she was already smiling...
 Another basketball...having two now makes her happy as she can share one with Teagan.
 Happy 6th Birthday Taya!!!

No comments: