Saturday was a day of giving back. The news station where I work, was building a playground nearby. I signed us up to all help with the build. Bart got to get dirty and was assigned to mixing and spreading all of the concrete for the playground.
I was assigned to watch all of the kids of the volunteers.
The kids had a ball making bird houses.
Hula hooping!
After several hours of work, Bart still smiling!
Taya playing with her new friends.
Keeping the kids entertained for hours, as they watched a playground being built was pretty tough. One of my co-workers grabbed his guitar and sang to them for a while.
Proud of their finished birdhouse.
Us girls watching daddy build.
Click on the link below for a glimpse of what it took and how the playground was built. (There's a shot of the girls painting about 1:20 into the story.)

No comments:
Post a Comment