Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day at the Museum

Daddy has been away for a week, and he is still gone so my goal right now is to exhaust the kids each day so bedtime is easy.  On Saturday, we headed to the Durham Museum of Life and Science.  First up, the animals.
 Then, a train ride.
 I can't believe a picture of the three of us actually turned out!
Plus a bonus one!
Choo Choo
 Next up, the dinosaur trail.
 Can you spot the dinosaurs?
 At the end of the trail, a dino dig.
 Both girls could have dug for hours.
Taya really enjoyed this.  She would put a magnetic seedling on the yellow belt, and it would climb all the way to the top and then fly off.
 She was not letting anyone catch her seedling!
 Time to drive the sailboats.
 It was fun watching her try to catch all of the other sailors.
 Mist time!
 Taya was not a problem....
 but at times I would get nervous as...
 Teagan would get lost in the mist.
 It would be so cute, because I wouldn't be able to see Teagan, but I could hear Taya say, "Watch out for my little sister."  It's hard to tell in this picture, but Taya is actually grabbing Teagan's hand to make sure she is OK.
 There's Teagan...
 and then she goes back in for more.
 Queen of the rock!
There is a cool butterfly house with lots of butterflies flying all around you.
 They just released 1,000 Blue Morpho butterflies which were so pretty to see.
Time to make some music!
 It was LOUD!
 Then, we headed inside the museum, and Teagan sat at the bottom of this ball pit for an hour collecting every ball that came down the tube.
 They played here for a long time.
 They tired to build something creative...
 but then this parent had to show us all up when he made a car for his kid to sit on.  Poor Taya just wanted to know why I couldn't make that for her!
 One last cool thing to check out.  By this point, I was so exhausted I was ready for bed!


No comments: