Tuesday, March 18, 2014

50% Success/50% Failure

While I made my two little girls very happy today, I was disappointed in my mom skills when it comes to snagging the coveted Disney Store Elsa dress.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're clearly not part of our world.
My girls are OBSESSED with Frozen.  I go to bed hearing Let it Go, wake up hearing Let it Go, basically hum it to myself even though I'm sick of that song.  Well, today was the big day.  The movie was released on DVD.  That really was no big deal as the girls bought it weeks ago on ITUNES with their gift card from Aunt Sandy and Uncle Jim, but what it did mean was the hard to find Frozen merchandise might finally be released.  (The good stuff has been out of stock for months.)  
So here is my morning.  My plan was to get ready early, and get to the Disney Store as soon as I can to wait in line...yes wait in line all to try and get my hands on an Elsa and Anna dress and Elsa hair.  When I got home form the gym at 7am, something told me to check online at the Disney Store.  I did that and low and behold there were the dresses just staring at me.  As fast as I could, I ordered both dresses for the girls along with everything else Anna and Elsa I could.  Trust me, I was a little worried as I saw the dollars add up. I was thinking Bart is going to be like you spent how much!  I go to check out, put my credit card information in, and then the bad news.  The Elsa dress just sold out!!!  My heart sank, but then I still had the Anna dress and Elsa hair so I considered it at least 50% success.  I figured OK, let's now head to the Disney Store to see if they had the dress there.  We happened to have an ice storm, so Taya had no school and she wanted to go along for the ride.  I knew this would be a bad idea as she would convince me to buy even more, but off we went to the mall.  We weren't the first people in line, just the 8th and 9th.
 As they cut the red ribbon to open the store, I could see the excitement on Taya's face.
 She ran into the store, and she grabbed everything Frozen she could! 
 We were in and out within minutes, as I still had to get to work.
 As you can see from Taya's face....she made out!
The store didn't have the special Elsa dress I wanted to get the girls, but Taya spotted these dresses and fell in love.  (They're really PJ's, but she doesn't know the difference)
Seeing the girls so happy made it all worth it!
 So where was my 50% failure?  I went online to see how I missed out on the Elsa dresses.  I came to find out Disney released the dresses at 3am online.  Somehow I missed the memo on this, but many moms didn't and actually set their alarms for 3am and got those special Elsa dresses.  So now I guess for the next how many days, I need to wake up at 3am to see if I can snag 2 Elsa dresses too. 

No comments: