With kids, you have good days and bad. Taya and I ventured out to Idlewild Park for a mommy and Taya day. It was cloudy and looked like it might rain, but we took a chance anyways. Boy, I'm I glad we did. We got to the park before it even opened. Our 1st stop...Story Book Forest.
Story Book Forest is a very special place where Taya met her favorite characters from nursery rhymes. Raggedy Ann and Andy were first.
I don't know the story behind this big chair...
but she really liked it.
Where is Taya? (Peeking through the bottom cheese hole.)
Choo Choo
Excalibur
Little piggy
She loved Humpty Dumpty.
We sat there and listened to the song over and over again.
She was pretty excited to make it to the end of the story.
Then we went over to Jumpin' Jungle. First up the ball pit!
We could have stayed here for hours.
Covering me up in all of the balls.
A quick cat nap.
So much fun.
Here is where I realized my baby is growing up. She didn't want me to go up this ropes course with her. She wanted to do it all by herself.
Way up high.
Waving to me and yelling, "I'm a big girl, see I can do it all by myself!"
After Jumpin' Jungle, we headed to the rides. Taya saw the Log Jammer and wanted to ride it. I wasn't sure she would like it, but she LOVED it!
Here is the big hill we went down. (This is not us, but just to give you an idea)
Then, her favorite ride. (Not mine though)
She had no fear, she saw a ride...she wanted to ride it.
One of her favorite rides.
Bumper cars...
she rode these cars over and over again.
Way up high.
She ran right up to him, and she gave him a big hug.
Another fun ride.
Thankfully, I did not have to go on this ride.
Not even 16, and ready to drive.
If all that wasn't enough fun, there is also a water park at Idlewild.
After we dried off, I asked her what she wanted to do again...back to the ball pit.
More rides.
Round and round on the carousal.
One last picture...we got there before the park opened...and we closed the park down.
It was an AWESOME day. One that has filled my heart with so many special memories with my Taya. I can't wait till Teagan is old enough to bring her along for the fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment